The customer initiated the process of joining the Star Alliance network some time earlier as part of its long term business strategy. However, the airlines had to put in place a system to meet the demanding Star Alliance requirements.
As part of the business operation plan to participate in the Star Alliance on schedule, the objective of IBS iFly Loyalty system implementation for our customer were:
- To allow members to earn and burn their miles between airline and other Star Alliance loyalty programs
- To synchronize member profiles and manifest with iFly Loyalty
- To exchange member, accrual and billing related files between host airline and other Star Alliance airlines
- To implement proper mechanisms to ensure billing between the airline and other Star Alliance airlines
- To allow Star Upgrade Awards (SAUA) & Redemption
It was expected that by the end of this implementation project, the customer would continue to use its existing Loyalty system as the point “earn-burn” engine and manage its members. iFly Loyalty system will interface with this loyalty system and other Star Alliance partner systems for the purpose of making them Star compliant.Download Case Study