Essential Duties and Responsibilities – HOSPITALITY BUSINESS UNIT
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, analyzing and reporting accounts receivables’ data.
- Process incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Accurately record account status and maintain follow-up procedures electronically.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted including the application of the appropriate invoices against which the collections are received. Follow-up with the customers if the invoice application information is not provided by them.
- Design, implement and update monthly financial reports that monitor collection KPIs, vis-à-vis collection budgets and collection forecasts
- Make recommendations to establish and improve the quality of invoicing and collection procedures
- Research and resolve or initiate the resolution process for disputed, and or past due invoices. Liaise and initiate legal action in collaboration with the Legal and Account Management teams, as appropriate.
- Analyze account history and independently prepare proper collection approach for each client, with the assistance of the Account Management team.
- Successfully identify, analyze and resolve customer account problems, reconciliation issues or errors.
- Coordinate and resolve access related problems on third-party invoicing tools prescribed by the clients.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Handle communications from clients regarding payments while maintaining a high level of tact and professionalism.
- Interact with clients and internal stakeholders, predominantly via self-initiated contact, while ensuring a high level of responsiveness in pursuit of continued client satisfaction.
- Prepare and publish financial statements & reports detailing accounts receivable status, including weekly & monthly collection forecasts based on the accounts receivable data.
- Prepare recommendations for doubtful debts provisions in discussions with LOB and Finance teams. Alert key stakeholders about potential collection risks or customer delinquency.
- Facilitating MIS to Finance, Account Management & Leadership (periodic & ad-hoc)
- Weekly reporting of Collection / Collection Plan / Collection KPIs / Unapplied Collections / invoicing /aging/invoice adjustments, including Root Cause Analysis for overdue invoices
- Ensure timely upload of invoices into 3rd party tools (Ariba, SAP etc) by Corporate Finance team
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
- Attention to detail with a strong commitment to excellence
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- Quick-thinking and astute decision-making skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills in a detail-oriented setting
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well in a results-driven environment
- Be able to work autonomously and self-sufficiently
Required Education and Experience
- Three years of experience in credit and collections.
- Proficient in MS Word & Outlook
- Superior spreadsheets skills with solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of ARIBA, Oracle preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Bilingual, English-Spanish a plus
- Travel and/or technology industry experience and a plus
Must be authorized to work in the United States and hold a valid passport
At IBS you can look forward to:
- Operating with the brightest minds in the industry
- Receiving global exposure
- Benefiting from continuous learning programs
- Performance-based career growth
- Competitive compensation, company paid employee benefits, vacation, sick and personal leave, company matched 401k
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
IBS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. IBS as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best-qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.