An excellent opportunity for an ecommerce specialist to work as Product Manager in Passenger Services System (PSS) business division of IBS Software Services (IBS). IBS is a multi-national technology company providing innovative and class leading solutions to airlines and airports. As a Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to conceptualize and develop the client-side of a state-of-the art real time e-commerce platform for IBS’ Passenger Services System, iFly Res – which will perform well across browsers, operating systems, languages and devices inspiring customers, simplifying shopping experience and customer valued innovation.
Founded in 1997, IBS supplies mission critical application to marquee airlines such as Qantas, All Nippon Airways, British Airways, China Southern, Lufthansa, Emirates and Turkish Airlines. The company has set a vision of being the No.1 IT supplier to airlines by the year 2020. iFly Res, IBS’ next generation passenger services system, will be a significant driver for company’s growth in the journey towards year 2020 vision.
iFly Res, is a powerful new generation passenger services system that targets any kind of carrier - from a pure LCC via Hybrid Airlines to Airlines with a full-service model approach. We are inviting passionate and experienced professionals to work with us in this exciting phase of developing a new generation PSS platform and be a part of successful growth story.
Key Responsibilities – Functional
- Accountable for the strategic and tactical direction of the front-end design solution for a new software Product suite in building
- Accountable for the technology selection, framework building to implement approved wireframes or design concepts
- Suggest tools, technologies, and best practices to decrease development time, reduce UI defects, and improve the maintainability of the client-side customer experience
- Evaluate front-end performance metrics and demonstrate ways to improve client-side performance and page-load time
- Create wireframes and prototypes that can be reviewed by both project stakeholders as well as development team members
- Define and own the Front End technical road map for the product
- Research, assess and lead the initiation of new technologies to maximize performance.
Key Responsibilities – Non-Functional
- Research, analyse and understand market trends and the customer needs in your functional area
- Creatively derive the vision based on the input from market and based on requirements collected from existing customers.
- Create and maintain the roadmap from the defined vision, aligned to the overall iFly Res product roadmap.
- Support the Product Head in creating the overall product vision and roadmap, by jointly working with product managers in other functional areas
- Support the Product Head in communicating the product vision and roadmap to all internal stake holders within IBS as well as to iFly Res customers
Product Life Cycle Management
- Support Product Head in creating the business case for the roadmap
- Identify product ideas from different sources such as customers, competitors, industry analysts, sales and marketing team, product development team and your past experience
- Select feasible product ideas based on the conducted market analysis and defined product vision
- Define the value proposition of particular product enhancements in the roadmap, either strategic and or monetary
- Detail and define the roadmap and it’s scope of each upcoming version of the product
- Responsible for the functional specifications of the roadmap, which includes both the detailed requirements collection as well as the definition of the expected application behaviour, which includes specification of the appropriate test strategy for the test teams.
- Work closely with product development team to ensure that the team understands the functional specifications and support and guide them during the product development.
- Support release management team in planning and tracking each version release
- Track the product development of the roadmap requirements scoped for each version and escalate to Product Head appropriately
- Responsible to train the account management team, training team and the product support team on the new features released in each of the versions, to facilitate product upgrades
- Understand and support the product development team and product support team to manage the costs for development / operations and operating the product.
- Responsible for managing the user documentation for the product
- Support account management team to engage existing customers for business review sessions, upgrades, new implementations and change request discussions
Sales and Marketing Support
- Work with the sales and marketing team to identify the potential customers.
- Define and develop the product value propositions.
- Support sales and marketing team in creating the marketing collaterals.
- Conduct user group forums and other customer forums to develop customer relationships
- Support sales and marketing team in preparing and holding product presentations for potential customers as well as support them in responding to RFIs/RFPs.
Product Pricing Strategy
- Develop pricing strategy proposals to Product Head to support finding the right market applicable price strategy for the overall product.
- Identify key areas for product benchmarking and perform periodic assessment against key competitors.
- Ensure findings from product benchmarking are incorporated into product roadmap in line with product strategy.
- Closely work with the other product teams and align the product components, to meet the overall vision of iFly Res.
- Degree level or equivalent in a technical, business or marketing discipline
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
Must Have Skills
- 4+ years of front-end engineering on a moderate to heavily trafficked website
- 2+ years as Lead Front-End development
- Knowledgeable in client architecture and development
- Sound knowledge & work experience on the following:
- HTML5, CSS3, JS, AJAX, XML, JSON, JQuery, AngularJS and clear concepts of OOP
- MVC framework, Java, JSP, Servlets, Spring
- Web-socket, web-cache implementations
- Web Analytics
- Mobile Web/App technologies
- Social Media Integration
- Web container configuration/tuning
- Web Template frameworks
- Good experience on responsive design, responsive flows, responsive web design frameworks, web cache and web socket
- Understand the principles of SOAP and REST APIs, and have experience writing REST API clients
- Good knowledge and working experience on Web servers.
- Experience in Content Management System (CMS) and portal architecture skills with standard industry products
- Knowledgeable to solution - Shopping Cart, Workflow management, Localization, Site performance and scalability aspects of the system
- Knowledge on Mobile Web/App development
- Understanding of the airline industry, market requirements, functional specifications and product development methodologies
- Good understanding of product management principles
- Absolutely passionate in your functional area.
- Should be visionary, who always focuses on the future of the product.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to create presentations and fascinate people with ideas.
- Good communications skills with spoken & written English as mandatory pre-requisite.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High level understanding of available related products in the industry is welcome
- Knowledge of GUI testing technologies and techniques
- Knowledge of Deployment architecture
- Knowledge on Internet Marketing Methods
- Familiarity with Agile SDLC (SCRUM)
- Experience of design & implementation of market leading packages in the following functional areas:
- Search & merchandising
- Data analytics
- Big data handling
You could also apply in confidence by writing to:
Manager - HR
IBS Software Services (P) Ltd.
Nila, Technopark Campus
Trivandrum - 695 581
*Freshers Recruitment : Currently through Campus placement only.