Location: Las Vegas
The Data Warehouse Programmer is a key member of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team responsible for designing, testing, maintaining and supporting applications on EDW and validating source system data loads.
This position will have a focus on developing, maintaining and supporting EDW ETL processes.
This position will also focus on implementing best practices and procedures to ensure improved performance of data loads, integrity of data movement within the organization, and enhanced data architecture to support Business Intelligence (BI) applications and analytics.
This role works directly with other IT application groups and end-users to analyze, troubleshoot, test and enhance applications.
Essential Job Functions:
The primary responsibility of this position is to contribute in the areas of system design and development, standardization, and support to solve complex business problems, primarily in the Enterprise Data Warehouse environment which is on a Teradata platform.
The programmer will support multiple interfaces from diverse in-house developed to vendor-supplied applications.
The position will focus on the day to day aspects of supporting our Teradata data warehouse and ETL jobs.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Take part in an on-call rotation, providing 24-7 support for the Data Warehouse and applications which run in the environment.
- Code, test, deploy, and maintain ETL processes using Teradata Utilities, IBM DataStage, Data Mover, and Control-M.
- Formulate systems scope and objectives by devising procedures to solve technical problems using information systems.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programmers write, design, code, test and debug programs.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills by defining and presenting technical systems solutions for identified technical issues
- Document activities from design to completion to assist future analysts in understanding work solutions. Create data models, data/system flow documentation, design documents, and test documents.
- Perform technical reviews with Project Leaders to maintain consistent technical direction and minimize system impact on projects.
- Take complex technical ideas and bring them to a high-level to encourage understanding at all levels.
- Deliver a complete solution to ensure thorough understanding of the system (documentation, procedures, training, escalation, error process, etc.)
- Engage others with related code/products/etc. to work together to understand root cause, ripple effects, and an integrated solution
- Write efficient, reusable and stable code for complex application logic.
- Clearly define expected outcome for the initiative and organization.
- 2+ years programming experience preferred, with an additional one year of systems design/analysis and user management.
- 2+ years of Teradata ETL programming using Teradata Utilities like bteq and tpump required
- 3+ years of expert level skills in Structured Query Language (SQL) is required
- 3+ years of Unix/Linux Operating System command line level experience required
- 2+ years of Shell scripting experience required
- Teradata certifications preferred
- Experience with scheduling tools such as Control-M is preferred
- Experience with ETL tools such as IBM DataStage is preferred
- Experience with Active Data Warehousing, trickle feeds and the TIBCO toolset is preferred
- General knowledge of the BI and Data Warehousing disciplines including Physical and Logical Database Modelling, as well as OLAP, ROLAP and MOLAP concepts is preferred
- Experience with MicroStrategy, Cognos, Tableau, or other Business Intelligence tools is preferred
Education Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technical training equivalent
At IBS you can look forward to:
- Working with the latest technologies
- Operating with the brightest minds in the industry
- Gaining in-depth domain knowledge
- Receiving global exposure
- Benefiting from continuous learning programs
- Performance-based career growth
- Diverse, global work culture
- Competitive compensation, company paid employee benefits, vacation, sick and personal leave.