The Sales Director is responsible for establishing the sales targets to meet IBS objectives by developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. The Sales Director oversees daily sales activity, meets with major clients, draws up sales reports, designs new and more effective sales strategies, and works to market and promote IBS products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an agreed upon sales and marketing plan for the Line of Business, which will meet/exceed our business goals and expand our customer base.
- Ensure new client revenue goals and objectives are met and are linked to appropriate messaging, targeting, and outreach channels.
- Create professional and effective proposals and presentations, develop comprehensive RFP responses resulting in new business.
- Proactively pursue targets, and develop strategic relationships with key contacts from prospects.
- Represent the company at trade shows and other industry events to maintain a national and regional presence and to generate valuable leads
- Accurately record and report all sales activities as directed, primarily using Salesforce.
- Work to foster lasting relationships and expand opportunities within client base.
- Network with prospective clients to persuade them to bring their business to the company.
- Mentor, lead and oversee the activity of junior sales associates.
- Devise new and innovative ways to market products and services.
- Assist in designing marketing and promotional materials both in print and online.
- Utilize insights and market intelligence to help identify new selling opportunities and conduct independent research into target consumer base.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – writing and speaking clearly and in a compelling manner in front of small and large audiences.
- Executive presence - conveys a meaningful message with confidence and assertion while able to answer questions on the fly.
- Emotional competence - ability to be resilient in difficult situations, discipline in execution and positivity.
- Product knowledge - Demonstrate detailed knowledge of IBS products and services
- Sales experience and Coaching Skills - able to engage and teach while demonstrating accountability for results.
- Strong business acumen and experience with client strategy development, comfort in discussing a technology solution.
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively.
- Exhibit awareness of best sales practices and methods.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in the technology industry
- Minimum of 5 years sales and sales management experience
Must be authorized to work in United States and hold a valid passport
This position requires frequent travel, more than 50%. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel is international.
At IBS you can look forward to:
- Working with the latest technologies
- Operating with the brightest minds in the industry
- Gaining in-depth domain knowledge
- Receiving global exposure
- Benefiting from continuous learning programs
- Functioning out of state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure
- Performance-based career growth
- Imbibing excellent work culture
- Competitive compensation, company paid employee benefits, vacation, sick and personal leave, company matched 401k