The Java Software Developer will join the Montreal IBS Software Canada Team in Montreal, IBS’s new center of excellence for optimization, data sciences and machine learning. This team focuses on developing a suite of customized crew planning, management, and optimization solutions that balance airline interests with those of planners and crew members.
At IBS you will become part of a dynamic team focused on delivering exceptional results. Driven by a set of foundational core values and a collaborative approach, you will have the ability to exceed yourself. IBS provides a work environment in which talented and skilled individuals can thrive.
Brief overview of the position and its impact to the organization:
Senior Java/Web Application developer is responsible for the implementation of new software products and existing product enhancements. This is a very hands-on position where the ideal candidate will not only drive the adoption of new architectures, but also work side-by-side with fellow developers to implement our products for new customers and ensure high-quality development practices. He/she must respect project deadlines and ensure software quality meets the company’s standards. Excellent communication skills are required, as the position requires close collaboration with fellow developers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, architects, and customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a variety of skills including but not limited to the ability to analyze large datasets and to develop modeling solutions to support optimized decision-making. This position reports to the development manager and will work closely with the Products team and customers to implement, configure and deliver mission-critical software components.
- Participates in the design, analysis and implementation of specific functionality of customer projects using Java, Hibernate, Spring and other frameworks.
- Contributes to the deliverables of maintenance releases.
- Performs source code inspections and corrects defects.
- Analyses and debugs for critical client issues.
- Participates in the code review process and all other activities intended for producing high quality deliverables.
- Performs unit and functional integration tests within an automated testing environment.
- Estimates timeframe/effort required for implementation of stories (Agile/Scrum processes and methodologies).
- Provides technical support to both clients and employees.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. What specific education is required for this job?
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, technical college degree in computer programming or other physical sciences.
2. If you were recruiting to fill a vacancy for this specific job, how many years of experience would you require the candidate to have?
Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in software development
3. What are the specific skill sets that you require for this job?
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented design, design patterns and Java 8 are crucial.
- Experience with Agile/scrum development practices and processes.
- Working knowledge of XML and other markup languages, Hibernate or other persistence frameworks, Spring, Swing, SQL.
- Experience with one of either Eclipse, MyEclipse or IntelliJ IDE’s.
- Experience with React.js (preferred) or Angular.js and other UI frameworks are a plus.
- Experience with relational databases, such as Oracle & PostgreSQL are a must. Knowledge of and experience with non-relational databases such as MongoDB are a plus.
- Experience with REST interfaces / SOA architecture
- Experience with implementation of products within a public Cloud (GCP preferred, AWS, Azure) would be an asset
- Must be Team-oriented, while possessing the capacity to work autonomously.
- A self-starter with strong problem solving skills.
- Results oriented and strong customers focus.
- Demonstrated experience working within a SCRUM environment
What are the specific language requirements for this job?
Excellent communication skills in English and French, both written and spoken
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.