Location: Montreal, Canada
IBS is a leading global provider of new generation IT solutions to the Travel, Transportation and Logistics industries. A specialist in the domain, IBS offers a range of products and services that manage mission critical operations of airlines, airports, cruise lines, hospitality partners, tour operators and oil & gas companies that help them increase safety, maximize efficiency, improve revenue, manage growth and reduce costs.
The Software Developer will join the Montreal IBS Software Canada Team in Montreal, IBS’s new center of excellence for optimization. This team focuses on developing a suite of customized crew planning and optimization solutions that balance airline interests with those of planners and crew members.
The Software Developer is responsible for participating in the design of new optimization software products and existing product enhancements. This position reports to the manager of Operations Research software development and will work closely with the product team, business analysts, and customers to deliver mission-critical software components. The ideal candidate will possess a variety of skills required for solving large-scale combinatorial optimization problems, including strong algorithmic thinking, complexity analysis, data structures and ability to analyze large datasets.
This is a very hands-on position where the ideal candidate will not only drive the adoption of new architectures, but also work side-by-side with fellow developers to implement new product features and ensure high-quality development practices. He/she must respect project deadlines and ensure software quality meets the company’s standards. Excellent communication skills are required, as the position requires close collaboration with fellow developers, Product Managers, architects, and customers.
At IBS, OR Developers are challenged with large-scale complex optimization problems that require special care about correctness, run times and memory usage. Creativity and modeling skills are key assets that we put to the proof!
- Participates in the design and analysis of solutions.
- Programs and performs the debugging.
- Performs source code inspections and corrects defects.
- Performs unit and continuous integration testing.
- Designs, updates and manipulates data schemas.
- Participates in the writing of technical documents (functional specifications, design documents, etc.).
- Estimates required timeframe and resource requirements for accomplishing development tasks in projects.
- Provides technical support to both clients and employees.
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
- Sc. (M.Sc. is an asset) in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or another related field.
- Experience with Operations Research domain an asset.
- Strong algorithmic thinking and problem-solving skills, preferably in an optimization context.
- At least 2 years’ experience in software development.
- Experience with C or another related low-level programming language.
- Experience with POSIX (shell scripting).
- Familiar with version control concepts an asset.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Results oriented and strong customers focus.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both written and spoken.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.