Location: Dallas Texas
Contract: 2-3 years
The position of Overall Test Manager is a senior managerial position within the hierarchy of IBS USA. Test Manager will be responsible for developing the strategy for software testing, defining the quality criteria, issuance of certificate based on quality standards and resource planning with adherence to American Airlines Cargo quality goals. Test Manager will also be involved in managing delivery excellence, product management, project management, customer management and handling human resource functions.
The role of Test Manager for iCargo implementation at American Airlines, will be primarily responsible for (1) strategy for software testing, (2) defining the quality criteria, (3) issuance of certificate based on quality standards, (4) and resource planning with adherence to American Airlines Cargo quality goals
Test Manager will perform the following duties:
- Managing the program within budget and schedule (40%);
- Collecting quality metrics and conducting status reviews to improve the quality of deliverables from vendors (12%);
- Providing a consolidated acceptance recommendation for each production release (12%);
- Managing interdependencies and communication with internal & external stakeholders for the successful achievement of KPIs (11%);
- Coordinating and manage resource capacities for all test levels and test types (10%);
- Setting goals and quality standards for the teams under his purview and taking initiatives for process improvements, team performance, and exceeding commitments to customers; (8%); and
- Providing management oversight concerning test (7%)
These duties are essential for the successful completion of this project.
Additionally, Test Manager duties include test consulting and test delivery for American Airlines Cargo. It also includes effectively handling customer communication and establishing crisis management techniques to handle challenging project scenarios. Test Manager will ensure that the solutions/projects are delivered as per customer expectations in terms of quality, timeline and cost. Test Manager will be responsible for accomplishing human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees. Further, the role includes communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions. Test Manager will coordinate and manage resource capacities for all AA Cargo test levels and test types. Test Manager will also provide training, coaching for testers and provide management oversight concerning test. Test Manager will have the authority to give a consolidated acceptance recommendation for each increment and it also includes planning, controlling and managing resources, tools and logistics. Furthermore, Test Manager will handle resource and efforts planning by adhering to initial time and cost estimates.
Test Manager will present management reporting and evaluate effectiveness of test effort, planning and logistics. Furthermore, the duties will also include evaluating product quality, reviewing current test planning and modifying as applicable for successful project execution. Test Manager will handle the tasks of creating, modifying and coordinating master test plan, increment test plans and test execution plan. Test Manager’s prime responsibility will also include ensuring quality of all work results through periodic reviews and supporting the test level leads in Test Planning.